Here are the differences you may notice around here:
The Wolf X Machina logo
I've drastically improved the wolf face logo. It's a much higher quality now so it looks smoother and less blocky all around. I also converted the "WOLF X MACHINA" text of the logo into a SVG file so now it looks super sharp.
The previous font, especially the heading, started to wear on me. It was too narrow and tall. I wanted a font that was a little more proportionate and friendler. After experimenting with a few, I found this one which I think is quite clean and simple. Along with the font change, you might notice that the numbered lists look a bit tighter and bolder.
My blog underwent the biggest update in terms of layout. Here are the changes:
- The blog listing is now a bit cleaner with some card style
- The blog post title has been moved to the body section
- I've simplified the category and dates
- The "Previous article" and "Next article" has been removed because they seemed to be useless
- I've redesign and tightented up the author section
- I increased the padding on mobile
Behind the scenes
I also updated some of the dependencies and patched 2SXC. I'm not quite on the latest but I will do that when I'm ready to jump to DNN 9.4.1 and do a complete redesign. Stay tuned!
Overall, the lesson I taught myself is this: You don't always need to completely redesign, rebuild, or redevelop. Sometimes you only need a good refresh to breathe new life into your work.